Everything and anything! Although I will be focusing on the environment, philosophy, cycling and gaming mostly! Oh yeah and Movies... books as well... EVERYTHING!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Technology?

So is technology really advancing the human race or is it distracting us from the real problems that we face.

I have to be honest, I love technology. It allows me to communicate easily with my mobile phone, store hundreds of music albums on my portable hdd mp3 player, play complex and involving video games and communicate my ideas to a wide audience such as what I am doing write now!

As great as all this is, it is not sustainable. New mobile phone models are coming out each month, computers are meant to be upgraded in order to run the latest software and play the latest games.

This means that there is and will always be parts and products that are obsolete. The problem is that a large majority of the products are made out of non-biodegradable plastic and will continue to add to the evergrowing waste problem on earth.

This is a very short and basic explanation of the problem technology inherently contains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home